Association communication: clear positioning, strategy and messaging for opinion formation
Whether healthcare, energy, chemicals, finance or taxes: opinion-forming and decision-making processes in numerous industries are subject to regulatory requirements or are influenced by political debates. Opinion-formation is complex and increasingly takes place in (social) media in real time. For this reason, it is becoming increasingly difficult for individual companies or organizations to attract the attention of politicians, journalists and voters in order to promote their interests. Associations and interest groups offer their members several advantages at once - regardless of their size and resources. Internally, they facilitate business networking and the exchange of industry expertise, and externally they can increase the credibility and influence of the industry - for example, within agenda-setting. Good association communication requires all members to agree on clear positions and messages. The core issues of communication are:
- What are the goals of the association, what does it stand for?
- What are the positions in which all members find themselves?
- What content moves majorities?
- What format is the most convincing for the target group?
Our specialists for association communication work with you to find answers to these core questions - or they can moderate communication processes in your association. Instinctif Partners’ teams in Berlin and Brussels advise established alliances and associations from the healthcare, energy, finance and chemical industries on how to refine their strategies and narratives. They find new coalitions and form partnerships to provide support with advice and additional resources - even in times of crisis - and design successful, creative campaigns.
- Strategic planning and management of association formation
- Provide insights: Policy monitoring, stakeholder analysis, social listening, social media monitoring
- Development of clear positioning (communication and media strategy, preparation and provision of relevant content and messages)
- Creation and implementation of campaigns - digital, emotional, social
- Live communication and stakeholder management
- Crisis communication and training
- Media training